Wednesday 17 February 2016

[Review] Younique Majestic Splurge Cream Eyeshadow

 ♥ Product Swap Post 

Hello Pastel Dolls! It's been so long <3 Sorry we haven't updated in a while, but our Facebook is always updated if you want your pastel fix!

Today I have a review courtesy of Risa's Makeup a fellow kawaii lover and gyaru! I was super excited when she asked to do a product swap, I was eyeing up Younique's Splurge Cream Eyeshadows for a while. 

I picked Majestic, which is a rich purple colour - my eyes are green and it's known to match! Hope you enjoy the review and find it useful.

Packaging - 3/5

I really liked the outer packaging, it came in a box with a similar look. It looks sleek and expensive, which I like! However, when I opened the shadow I noticed that the product doesn't fill the entire pot. It isn't off by much but even though it's the full product it looks like it's shrunk because it doesn't touch the edges. It's only a minor thing as the rest looks lovely! I've seen other reviews that look the same so perhaps it's intentional. 








Colour & Look 5/5

The colour is beautiful and I'm really happy with how it looked on my eyes! It has just the right amount of glitter which makes it versatile for everyday looks or evening looks. It is a multi-tonal colour too so it's not just purple, I saw hints of blues and different shades in there too. I have a lot of purple eyeshadows but for me this was the best tone and the most interesting looking. I did two looks actually, one with a lighter purple shadow and another with gold, it also went well with pinks! You can experiment to see which you prefer. The range of colours available is great too so you should check out other colours if purple is not your thing. I mean you can see for yourself below!




Application 3/5

I struggled with getting an even application of the shadow. I don't use a lot of cream shadows so I'm not sure if I was applying it correctly, but I used Benefit Lemon Aid as the base and I required quite a lot of the product to get it to smooth out correctly. Also I struggled to blend it, because it's a cream it doesn't feather as well as a powder would. However, I liked the fact it didn't crease when I blinked like a lot of cream shadows, and it feels firmer. 




Longevity 5/5

THIS STUFF LASTS FOREVER. Seriously. I was super impressed - I don't buy cream eyeshadows normally because they crease so much and look bad after an hour. But this really lasts, I checked after about 6 hours and it was perfect. I worked all day, went to the gym, came home and checked and no creasing at all! If you need something long lasting then I'd definitely recommend. I did a swatch on my arm for the photo above, and it was pretty resilient there too. I didn't want to take a picture after gross gym times but if you want to see there are a ton of reviews online showing this.

Summary

Overall, the application can be a bit tricky but the colour and it's ability to last is worth it! If you want to check them out for yourself, the splurge eyeshadows are currently £21 at Risa's Makeup, and there are often many deals to be had there too, check them out at her Facebook Page. 

Thanks for reading dollies, and hope you enjoyed!

Misadoll xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment