Sunday 9 March 2014

[Review] Geo Xtra Diamond Series Green Review

Hey everyone, Misadoll here!

I have a new review for you today, some circle lenses that I purchased from IWantCute.com. I bought the GEO Xtra Diamond Series, this time in the green. I did want some other colours too but IWantCute was out of stock, so I decided to go with a colour that would hopefully match my natural eye colour more closely.


All my photos were taken standing in front of a window to get natural looking light, hopefully this will allow you to see the true colour of the lenses!


Enlarging Effect - 4.5 out of 5

One of the key purposes of circle lenses is to make the eye appear bigger and more dolly-like. However, the bigger the lens the more discomfort it is able to cause. I am a beginner when it comes to circle lenses and my previous lenses were not as large as these, but I think these are perfect for that dolly eye. If you look at my comparison picture, you can see how much bigger they are in relation to my natural eyes. These lenses are about 15mm diameter, and this is the size I'll probably buy from now on; any bigger than that tends to look a bit scary sometimes! 

Colour - 3 out of 5

The colour is nice, but it doesn't really pop like some other lenses I own do. It kind of matches my eye colour, but it's a bit more on the blue side than I thought, (more aqua than an earthy green.) Still pretty nice though! Because it's not a solid ring of colour, I guess it diffuses the way the colour looks itself. 



Pattern and Style - 5 out of 5

I absolutely love the diamond pattern in these lenses. I think that may be the reason the colour is a little duller, but I think it's worth it. It makes your eyes look really sparkly and anime-like! I'm a huge fan of the unnatural looking lenses personally so I'd say this is a great look. These would be nice for cosplay too. 

Comfort - 4 out of 5

For me, these have a reasonable level of comfort. I marked it down a little as when I first put them in, my eyes watered like crazy, a bit more than normal. This could be due to the fact I'm used to smaller lenses, but still. For longer term use they are pretty good, no real trouble except my eyes felt a bit dry from time to time, nothing some drops can't fix, and nothing that's not common with lenses. Just make sure to treat your eyes well and you'll have no problems! 


Overall 

Overall, I'd say I'm really happy with these lenses and I'm very tempted to buy other colours too. They give your eyes that sparkly look and have a great enlarging effect. Give them a try!~

Misadoll xx

No comments:

Post a Comment